Weight down a very small bit today, to 233.8. South Beach guidelines only want you to weigh once a week, but I feel the need to watch that number, along with blood pressure, very closely. What do you think? Weekly or Daily? Pro's and Con's?
Last night's dinner was amazing. In fact, I felt so full, I was sure I would gain some of the Christmas weight back. But NO!
And who knew you could make "mashed potatoes" out of cauliflower? And that it would taste great! Of course, there is the issue of FAT-FREE half and half that I used. So what is the other half? Rhetorical question, because George looked it up (Google of course) and now I know. If you want to know, post a comment.
Rest of the meal was spinach and mushrooms -- supposed to be stuffed mushrooms, but I just cooked the spinach and mixed with chopped muchrooms. The small amount of olive oil allowed was more than enough to cook/flavor the mushrooms. Also tuna steaks with Veracruz-like topping -- tomato (e) s, olives, garlic, vinegar ... yum! Although I will make it next time with a different fish. Perhaps we left the tuna steaks in the 'fridge too long (bought them before I checked into the hospital), but they tasted "fishey". The only part of the dinner that wasn't wonderful.
On my exercise note, George has told me that everybody's heart rate increases somewhat when climing stairs. So I will move on to walking. Have downloaded Endomondo onto my phone. It will watch via GPS and give me stats on how much I walk and how fast. Looks like fun.
Now I just have to DO IT. That's always the hangup, isn't it.
On a sadder note, if you are one of our friends who sees Ashley, please give her a hug ... her Great Dane of 7+ years passed on last night. We love you, sweetie!
I know they say not to weight daily; I do anyway. It really gives me a quick insight into how certain foods are "sitting" with me. I always notice a several pound weight gain the day after pizza night for example =)
ReplyDeleteya, that was weigh, but I am sure you knew what I meant anyway =)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the positive comment about daily weighing, Mary. I, too, find it give me a comfort and helps motivate me ... if it's down: Hooray and keep up whatever I'm doing. if it's up: Time to evaluate what happened or what's going on in my life.
ReplyDeleteI weigh in every day just to make sure I am drinking enough water - the days that I neglect that the next day I always weigh more! Your gift to you this year is fantastic and well deserved, I look forward to reading your blog - up or down just keep after it - love yourself - no flogging allowed!
ReplyDelete