As I have frequently posted here, I know there will be days when the scale does not continue on its constant decline. This morning it is 231.0. Still a great progression and I am not discouraged because of the two "wins" I had yesterday.
First was the movie theater. We went to see "Sherlock Holmes" (go see it!). Movie popcorn (without the "butter") is a must for me.The taste, the smell especially, and having a HUGE bucket are all parts of going out to a movie. So I had resolved to get the smallest bag possible. But, WHAT?, I managed to walk right past the concession stand and truly enjoy the movie without my popcorn. George didn't exactly talk me out of it as much as just ask "Do you REALLY want it?" ... Hmmm, not really. Let's see if it matters ... I can always go get some later. And I just enjoyed the movie!
Then last night, I went to game night at a friend's house. She told me ahead of time she would have chips, snacks, and pizza for "dinner". I told her I'd like to bring my own, because I was on South Beach. She was very supportive. George instructed me to tell folks I was on SB, as a heart diet, rather than just because I want to lose weight. Seems folks won't even mumble slightly or try to tempt you if they think you are eating this way to avoid a heart attack. So I built a HUGE veggie and turkey breast salad, took my lite dressing, and enjoyed the evening.
The take-away's from yesterday:
1. Ask yourself if you REALLY need/want whatever is tempting you. If the answer remains YES, then take a bite. You don't really need the whole large bucket of popcorn.
2. Tell people you are passing up their special food because you are on a diet for your heart. They aren't going to push.
3. Know ahead of time what is going to be served and prepare! Take your own if necessary and possible.
4. Stay full! I have yet to feel hungry or deprived. That is so important if you are going to be able to stay rational and be able to evaluate things as I did yesterday. It also helps immensely to have ready-to-grab good stuff in the 'fridge
Did get my walk in yesterday, but doubt if it will happen today. Today I really felt the effects of this new BP medicine and went back to bed for a couple of hours. Don't think I will have the energy for the walk. But the evening is young ... check back tomorrow to see how I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment