Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Feeding ... The Menu is Set


Some traditional ... some new ... here's what I've decided on:

Grapefruit and prosecco cocktails - Recipe found in BHG ... sounds bright and invigorating ... just what I want to set the mood.

Roasted, brined Turkey 
Cornbread Dressing
Turkey Gravy

Spicy Roasted Brocolli - Found this recipe in Real Simple - have tried roasted brocolli before, but the addition of spice intrigues me
Green Bean Casserole - tried and true traditional kind made with cream of mushroom soup and canned onion rings - my mother loved this so much that she kept a case of soup on hand!
Mashed Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline and Marshmellow Topping - a friend brought this to the table last Thanksgiving and it was a great hit! I haven't decided whether to try to replicate it myself or ask her to bring it again

Cranberry Chutney - a family recipe that stands in for traditional cranberry sauce - made with nuts, celery, apple, raisins, and orange juice - George's favorite dish of the season
Ambrosia - this one is iffy. It was my mother-in-law's specialty and the girls love it. Don't know if I will be making it or not

Rolls and Butter - of course, but has to be REAL butter!

Pecan Pie - mother's recipe - the best!
Pumpkin Pie - store bought, but not my fave anyway
Apple Pie - can't have too much pie!
Cool Whip topping - Meredith insists on this rather than real whipped cream - YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment