I've never brined a turkey before, but I'm going to try it this Thanksgiving for "Feeding People". I trust Alton Brown (why, I don't know). But this HAS to be safer than deep frying, right?!?!?
I hear people rave about brined turkeys every year, so this is the year I try it. Now all I have to worry about is finding something big enough to hold the brine and the turkey for 16 hours ... perhaps a cooler???
Anybody out there ever done this? Suggestions?
Here's the link to Alton's recipe. Would you do this?
Beats setting your deck or garage on fire, like 5 or 6 do here every year because they fill the kettle too full and then winch this ginormous turkey down into it with a splash so the oil overflows into the fire. Phoofff! HFD 2 alarms. Nice idea, by the way. Just had this pop up on FB today and think it's neat. The year-long table idea, not the brine thing.......... Lynn in Houston
ReplyDeleteI understand that my cousin Rick does a deep fried turkey every holiday. I just don't get it.
DeleteBut what's wrong with the brine thing?