Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Feeding - The Aftermath

And a wonderful time was had by all. The brined turkey was juicy and tender, with great flavor. I may have found a new way to cook turkey!
The Cranberry Chutney had been way to runny in the past, so I boiled the cranberries a little longer this time and I think it turned out perfectly. George says it was a little too stiff and jelly-like, but I love it.
We didn't get around to the sweet potato casserole, because I greatly overestimated the amount of food five people could consume! Rose-Ann had brought a brie appetizer and Prosecco/pomegranite cocktails, so we snacked prior to eating ... can you imagine being so stuffed that you just sit around and groan?? That was us!
The pies are almost gone. A small piece of apple that I have threatened George so he won't eat it, most of the pumpkin .. and the pecan evaporated before I had a chance to taste it. Luckily, I have pecans and ingredients left. Perhaps I will make one just for me!
All in all, a wonderful day, with folks all very thankful for the blessed lives we lead, our family, and our fabulous friends ... hope your day was a fulfilling.

On to the December Feeding ... it will be some time the week between Christmas and New Years and I will establish the guest list and send out the invitations this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment