Friday, July 24, 2015

Knitting Today

Knitting:
One of my favorite blogs is Knitter's Review. This entry about needle tips came at a perfect point (pardon the pun) in my project, as I have changed needles a couple of times to get a better "feel" for the yarn. I find that I can't do lace with the speed of metal needles, but need the slight stickiness of bamboo, even though I can't get the sharp points that seem to work better with laceweight yarn. Knitting, like life, is a compromise.

Here's the progress from yesterday ... only had to restart once more. Now I am on my way into the first pattern.



2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when I did a lot of backstop weaving! Each type of material led to an interaction - wool, cotton - and, especially, where I strung up my loom. I almost died of pneumonia (exaggeration, sort of) from trying to weave sitting on the floor of our cabin in Alaska one cold winter. Talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't died or succumbed to pneumonia! But is a project that is taking lots of concentration. No idle, television-watching knitting for this shawl!

      Delete