Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A complicated shawl

Today will be spent knitting and sewing. As I said earlier, I can't show the sewing yet because it will be a Christmas gift, but here's the status on the knitting:


If that looks REALLY tiny, it's because it *is* really tiny. I have started this bugger over 5 times now in order to get the establishing lace repeats correct. Hope this is the last start!

Scotty and I will be running errands and then back home to sew. Just the kind of day I like! It's too hot and muggy in Austin to do anything outside.

Later that afternoon ...
OK. I figured out I can show some of my sewing without giving away the secret of the Christmas presents.



This is one small part. I am proud of the criss-cross quilting, even if the seams are a little wonky. I feel like I am getting better as I go along. More tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment