Can't spend ALL my time sewing and cooking, so I have been reading more than usual. I almost always gravitate to Urban Fantasy, like Anita Blake or Harry Dresden. But, lately, I have become hooked on Romance Novels. The Billionaire Romance series and the Children of the Gods series are a couple of my favorites.
NOTICE: if you are allergic to sex or violence, do not read these books!
Why do I find them entertaining? Well, as I said at the beginning of this series of blog posts, I am looking for things that do not make me sad or mad. What better to carry one away from reality than vampires, sexy vampires, and hunky men?
That being said, you might notice that most, Dresden being the major exception, of my reading involves women with strong personalities, some women who can kick ass, and others who are strong willed. Then they fall in love. The authors seem to know how to write a woman in love who does not give up her strength. As several of the heroines claim ... they do not need a prince, they can rescue themselves. However that doesn't mean they can't give themselves to someone physically and emotionally.
I find the interaction between strong women and strong men fascinating. Try it and let me know if you like it.
BTW, the picture at the top is from my bedroom. The sun is filtered through the slats of a folding door and reflects off the brass bedpost. I find it beautiful and fascinating.

No comments:
Post a Comment