One of my favorite knitting bloggers is Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (AKA The Yarn Harlot) Not only is she funny and insightful and posts great knitting projects, she does something I find just wonderful.
Each year, for several years now, she has participated in the Friends for Life Bike Rally from Toronto to Montreal. That is amazing, in itself.
But the thing that strikes me is her "Karmic Balancing Gifts". She gives back fiber-related gifts to those who donate to her bike team. Just to balance out her karma.
What a great idea!
This has been on my mind because of the immense generosity that has come our way during the last couple of months. I'm not sure a lifetime of karma balancing will be enough. But I will continue to give where I can and thanks people publicly when I can.
For example, I opened a small package today to put away some yarn and needles that came home with me from Houston. I had a fun time helping Lynn Gerbode practice her knitting and when she packed up the supplies to return them to me, she included a beautiful necklace and set of earrings. "Thank you, Lynn" doesn't seem quite sufficient ... so I will be pondering how to balance.
I feel good today. Took an outing with George to Starbucks, but more importantly, put on earrings and lipstick! I am returning to being a real human being. It's a good feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment